Wednesday 8 July 2009

ANTIFREEZE

Saturday I made my over to New Islington for ANTIFREEZE - Manchester’s first Car Art Boot Sale. Eventually figuring out how to get there (I could see it walking along Old Mill Street but wasn’t sure which to go – carry on up the road or swing round the other side of the Chips building? And I wasn’t alone in pondering this question), I then spent a pleasant afternoon mooching about and chatting with car booters.
ANTI-FREEZE
ANTI-FREEZE
It’s a shame the site wasn’t ideal. Apart from the small ponds dotted around the site, on 2 sides the space was enclosed by derelict buildings and on the other the CHIPS building dominated the skyline - which did create a bit of a wind trap. Bits of paper were getting blown all around the place and causing display stands to topple over.
One stall that did impress me was the Yorkshire Sculpture Group's bread based sculptures with terrible puns for names. I’ve mislaid the piece of paper I wrote them all down so I am unable to share them but trust me, they were bad. Found it, and have labelled the photographs appropriately.
Yorkshire Sculpture Group
Born and Bread
ANTI-FREEZE
Bread Board
Yorkshire Sculpture Group
Holy Toast
Yorkshire Sculpture Group
Eggy Bread
Unfortunately the event was brought to an abrupt end when the rain swept in around 5pm. The downpour caused everyone to start packing up and leaving the site – much to the consternation of folk who had just arrived as the event had been advertised as finishing at 7pm. But all in all, I'd have to say that the event was a success.

ANTI-FREEZE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...