Sunday 26 October 2008

Travels with my camera: Installation art in the substructure of Diocletian's Palace, Split.

Blue feathers

This was an interesting find - whilst exploring the substructure of Diocletian's Palace in Split (a fascinating place to explore in and of itself and I might well write a seperate post about it), we came across a couple of artists setting up the installation pictured above and below in a small side room.
A thick curtain blocking out the outside world and it really felt like you were in another world. Mirrors on opposing walls creating the impression of infinity and there was a gentle breeze in the room swaying the feathers, created by a small fan up in the roof. I remember there being a soundtrack as well, but the details elude me now.
I understand that stuff like this is a regular occurence around the substructre, but it's nice to see this sort of thing for yourself. Here's a few more photos I took of the piece:

Blue feathers

Blue feathers

Blue Feathers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...