Friday 20 March 2009

Ardwick Heritage Walk

A few weeks back I made my way over to Victoria Park for guided tour of Ardwick. This was the 2nd of two pilot walks with a blue-badge guide, with the scheme starting up properly later this year as part of wider plan to encourage people to visit the area.
It was a pleasant couple of hours, visiting first the First Church of Christ Scientist (no relation to Scientology), followed by a short stroll over to the Victoria Baths. If you've never been, I highly recommend a visit as it's facinating place to explore. We then trooped on over to another building (which I can't remember at the moment and forgot to photograph), where the history of the area was detailed and then onto the Whitworth gallery for a well-deserved cup of tea (well, for everyone else - me being a non-tea drinker, I had myself some organic Dandelion & Burdock. Yum).

There isn't currently a website for the summer walks as it's still under construction, but I'll post an update as and when it's all up and running.

First Church of Christ Scientist

Victorian Baths

Victorian Baths

Victorian Baths

Victorian Baths

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...